Moonforum-banner-New-Nov

Author Topic: Facebook Softens Policy on Crypto and Blockchain Ads  (Read 262 times)

Offline kaizel73

• Born to be Free !!! Crypto News Surfer🏄🎯
  • Referrals: 2
Facebook Softens Policy on Crypto and Blockchain Ads
« on: May 09, 2019, 02:31:39 PM »
Over a year after its outright ban, Facebook has further lifted some restrictions on cryptocurrency and blockchain-related advertisements.

In an updated policy announced on May 8, the social media firm said ads involving blockchain technology, industry news, educational content or events related to cryptocurrency will no longer require prior written approval.

However, Facebook added it will continue to ban ads related to token sales or initial coin offerings (ICOs), which come under a list of its prohibited products.

Other ads that promote cryptocurrency and closely related products, like cryptocurrency exchanges and mining software and hardware still need to go through a review process to obtain permission to go live on Facebook.

“This process will continue to take into account licenses they have obtained, whether they are traded on a public stock exchange (or are a subsidiary of a public company) and other relevant public background on their business,” Facebook said.

The company– which has 2.38 billion active monthly users as of March 31, 2019  – initially banned ads involving bitcoin and ICOs in January of last year. Later, in June, the company eased its ban somewhat, allowing certain types of companies to get their ads on the platform with prior permission.

Source:
https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-softens-policy-on-crypto-and-blockchain-ads
🌏🌐🐒🐐🌐🌏

Offline Delgboke

• Super Hero
  • Karma Associate
  • SKELPY - Certified Decentralized Blockchain
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Facebook Softens Policy on Crypto and Blockchain Ads
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:13:14 AM »
I think that's a welcome development from Facebook I think this we help also as a channel to help promote cryptocurrency but in other hand Facebook having a kind interest in blockchain technology.

Offline kaizel73

• Born to be Free !!! Crypto News Surfer🏄🎯
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:33:35 PM »
I think that's a welcome development from Facebook I think this we help also as a channel to help promote cryptocurrency but in other hand Facebook having a kind interest in blockchain technology.

Interest on making money out of it . And  who in the right mind will not grab the opportunity to make profit. Good move from Facebook but i still hope that somewhat a new platform can be competitive enough to go toe to toe with them.
🌏🌐🐒🐐🌐🌏

Offline Delgboke

• Super Hero
  • Karma Associate
  • SKELPY - Certified Decentralized Blockchain
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 12:28:11 PM »
Am still trying to figure out why such sudden change come up could be that he's interest in cryptocurrency that made him to soften his policy about crypto ads, if that's the cause is a welcome development.

Offline thehay95

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »

The coin of facebook will be global technology

Donate to CTW Forum